Galway Bay fm newsroom – There have been no new deaths reported to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre today.
There has been a total of 1,777 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Saturday 29th August, the HPSC has been notified of 42 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 28,760* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today;
- 20 are men / 22 are women
- 71% are under 45 years of age
- 15 are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 6 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 24 in Dublin, 6 in Limerick, and the remaining 12 are located in Carlow, Clare, Galway, Kildare, Longford, Offaly, and Sligo.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.