Galway News and Events
Planning your Galway trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in Galway such as events and attractions, to make your Galway visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in Galway, you’ll find everything you need for your Galway holiday on Whats On in Galway.net. Our What’s On Galway guide has the latest events not to miss while you visit Galway – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip to Galway by checking out our News and Events and Events Calendar pages.
See what's On in Galway. The events calendar is always packed with arts festivals, live music, exhibitions, blockbuster theatre shows, sport and activities for family and kids.
Whats On In Galway Local News
Mental Health – Darkness into Light
May is Mental Health Awareness Month and therefore time to transform Darkness in Light! Pieta House has postponed this year’s Darkness into…
Earth Day 2020 – 50th anniversary
The theme for Earth Day 2020 is climate action. Let’s flood the digital landscape with action — Join the global conversations this…
Bats in Ireland – Part 2
Types of Bats in Ireland Nine species of bat have been confirmed resident in Ireland: Common Pipistrelle (Pipistrellus pipistrellus) Soprano Pipistrelle (Pipistrellus…
Bats in Ireland – Part 1
Bats in Ireland are Everywhere The most widespread species of bat can be found in most surveyed 10 km grid squares across…
Cystic Fibrosis Ireland – 65 Roses Day Challenge
What is the 65 Roses Challenge? This Friday, April 10th, is 65 Roses Day. All public collections have been cancelled due to…
At home with children – the benefits of boredom.
Are you at home with children? Would you rather they do something else than just look at the TV or tablet? Does…
COVID-19: Dogs, Cats & Other Pets
Is my pet at risk from the COVID-19, or will my pet infect me? According to the World Health Organisation, the answer…
« Previous 1 … 9 10 11
Galway Bay FM
- Additional night-time water supply restrictions across a number of Galway suppliesby GBFM News on June 7, 2023 at 5:47 pm
Galway Bay FM Newsroom – Night-time water supply restrictions are being increased across a number of Galway supplies and will remain in place for the coming days To help manage water levels in this dry spell, the restrictions will be in place nightly starting tonight, and will cover 11pm to 7am The areas impacted include
- UHG chef named Aramark’s Healthcare Chef of the Yearby GBFM News on June 7, 2023 at 5:43 pm
Galway Bay FM Newsroom – Chef at University Hospital Galway, Pat Mills, has been named Aramark’s Healthcare Chef of the Year 2023. This year’s contest saw seven talented chefs competing against each other to be crowned Aramark Healthcare Chef of the Year 2023. The competition required the chefs to prepare, cook and present two portions
- Galway’s Leaving Cert students generally happy with their first ever State Examby GBFM News on June 7, 2023 at 5:40 pm
Galway Bay FM Newsroom – For thousands of teenagers across Galway, the sun is setting on the first day of this year’s Leaving Cert exams. This morning was English Paper One, followed by Home Economics in the afternoon. While the exams have a three-week timetable, most of the mainstream subjects will be wrapped up within
- Galway hospitals to hold info meeting in the city this weekby GBFM News on June 7, 2023 at 5:32 pm
Galway Bay Fm Newsroom – A free information meeting on stoma care is taking place in Galway city tomorrow evening There will be information talks on diet and nutrition, health and wellbeing and improving quality of life for people living with a stoma. People will also have the opportunity to speak to specialists from UHG
The Sun – Galway
- GAA All-Ireland football group table standings: How Groups 1, 2, 3 and 4 stand as race for Sam Maguire gets underwayby Andrew Ryan on June 6, 2023 at 2:01 pm
IT IS that time of year again as the All-Ireland football championship race gets underway. The last two weekends saw the opening rounds of the round robin stage. Kerry go into the All-Ireland championship as holdersSportsfile Dublin will be looking to win Sam Maguire for the first time since 2020Sportsfile Hot on their heels will be Galway, who lost in last year’s final but retained the Connacht title in 2023Sportsfile Kerry go into the campaign as defending champions, after […]
- Inside ‘exclusive’ waterfront property with gorgeous views and unique features – its on the market in Galway for €695Kby Ríona Maguire on June 5, 2023 at 8:00 am
THIS “exclusive” waterfront property located in Co Galway has hit the market for €695K. The five-bedroom home, located in Banagher, is arranged over three floors and is in “immaculate” condition throughout. The Galway property is on the market for €695K The home is located on the banks of the River Shannon The property is accessed via electric gates Through the front door, is a light filled entrance room with a staircase leading to the lower ground and first floor. […]
- Galway get the better of Westmeath under the sun in goalless All-Ireland football match-upby Colum Motherway on June 3, 2023 at 11:00 pm
AIDED BY an extra man for the final quarter, Galway eventually pulled away from a wholehearted Westmeath side in front of a big crowd in sun-drenched Mullingar on Saturday evening. Dessie Dolan’s wind-assisted charges were deservedly two points ahead after five minutes, via a 45-metre free from John Heslin and a well-worked score finished by Ronan O’Toole. Damien Comer of Galway in action against David Giles of Westmeath Ray Connellan of Westmeath is red carded by referee Joe […]
- Everyone saying same thing about ‘beautiful’ beach in Ireland – and it looks like it’s in the Mediterraneanby Kate Stafford on June 2, 2023 at 7:43 pm
EVERYONE has said the same thing about this “pure paradise” in Co Galway – and it’s perfect for a swim on a summer day. Tik Tok travel page @irishexplorer.ie, posts fantastic Irish travel content. The beach has been described as paradise The page recently shared a video from Instagram page @Aniqlm, showcasing the magnificent Dog’s Bay in Co Galway. The video shows off the crystal clear blue waters of the unique Irish beach. With a spectacular horse shoe shape coastline […]
- Kerry Katona shares topless photo of husband as she calls him ‘the most beautiful soul’on June 7, 2023 at 9:12 pm
Former Atomic Kitten singer Kerry Katona paid a gushing tribute to her husband Ryan on his 35th birthday, after last month saying her sex life with the fitness trainer was the best it’s ever been.
- Comedy and music duo ‘The 2 Johnnies’ appear in Leaving Certificate English paperon June 7, 2023 at 8:48 pm
Tipperary comedy and music duo ‘The 2 Johnnies’ have miraculously appeared on the Leaving Certificate English exam - much to their surprise!
- Woman who had boiling water thrown over her during assault told to drop charges or be murderedon June 7, 2023 at 8:37 pm
A woman who had boiling water thrown over her during a two-day assault was warned to drop charges or she would be murdered, a court has heard.
- Micheal Martin says Sinn Fein ‘cannot ride two horses’ when it comes to NI’s troubled paston June 7, 2023 at 8:16 pm
Sinn Fein “cannot ride two horses” when it comes to Northern Ireland’s troubled past, the Foreign Affairs Minister has said.
- New applications open for Galway Wind Park Community Fundby Michael Malone on June 7, 2023 at 5:00 pm
New applications for the SSE Renewables and Greencoat Renewables Galway Wind Park Community Fund can be submitted from Monday, 12 June until Friday, 7 July. Applications will be accepted from community groups within 20 km of Galway Wind Park, with preference given to those within 5 km, through at www.sserenewables.com/GalwayFund. The Galway Wind Park Community
- 8th annual Castlehackett 8K to take place this weekendby Michael Malone on June 7, 2023 at 3:30 pm
Castlehackett National School has announced that the eighth annual ‘Castlehackett 8K’ will take place this year on Sunday, 11 June at 10am. The event has grown over the years, with over 200 participants completing the race last year, with most people running, some walking and others on bikes and buggies! All money raised from previous
- Marathon man to take on ‘world’s toughest foot race’ in Californiaby Michael Malone on June 7, 2023 at 2:15 pm
Accomplished marathon runner Thomas O’Connor will compete in ‘the world’s toughest foot race’ in California next month to help raise funds for the National Breast Cancer Research Institute. The Badwater135 Ultramarathon is 135 miles long, and begins at Death Valley, 282 feet below sea level. The runners will cross two mountain ranges and finish with