Galway Bay fm newsroom – There have been no new deaths reported to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre today.
There has now been a total of 1,810 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Saturday 3rd October, the HPSC has been notified of 364 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 38,032 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today;
· 195 are men / 168 are women
· 74% are under 45 years of age
· 27% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
· 42 cases have been identified as community transmission
· 100 cases are in Dublin, 55 in Cork, 31 in Donegal, 24 in Limerick, 23 in Galway,17 in Clare, 14 in Sligo, 13 in Roscommon, 10 in Kerry, 8 in Tipperary, 8 in Wicklow, 7 in Kildare, 6 in Kilkenny, 6 in Offaly, 5 in Cavan, 5 in Mayo, 5 in Meath, with the remaining 27 cases in 9 counties.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.