Galway Bay fm newsroom – Archbishop of Tuam Michael Neary has announced a number of clerical changes for the archdiocese
Four priests are to retire – Very Rev John Canon Fallon, AP, Kilmaine; Very Rev John Canon Walsh, PP, Aghamore; Very Rev Joseph Canon O’ Brien, PP, Abbeyknockmoy and Very Rev Patrick Mooney, PP, Glenamaddy/Williamstown
The changes and appointments include
· Very Rev Ronnie Boyle, PP, Letterfrack to become PP, Abbeyknockmoy;
· Rev Eugene O’Boyle, CC, Achill to become PP, Glenamaddy/Williamstown;
· Rev Gerard Quirke, CC, Westport to become CC, Achill;
· Rev Jerald David, CC, pro-tem Athenry, to become Administrator Aghamore Parish and CC, Knock;
· Rev Anthaiah Pudota, Administrator Kilconly to become Administrator Letterfrack;
· Rev Frank Conlisk, SPS, to become Administrator Milltown and Kilconly;
· Rev Shane Costello, newly ordained last weekend, to become CC Westport.
Archbishop Neary says the diocesan appointments will take effect from Friday the 25th of September.