Galway Bay fm newsroom – There have been no new deaths reported to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre today.
There has now been a total of 1,774 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Sunday 17th August, the HPSC has been notified of 56 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 27,313 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today;
- 29 are men / 27 are women
- 79% are under 45 years of age
- 35 are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 12 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 26 in Kildare, 13 in Dublin and the rest of the 17 cases are in Donegal, Galway, Kerry, Laois, Longford, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Westmeath and Wicklow.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community.
The National Public Health Emergency Team are meeting this evening to consider further recommendations for Government.